21st Century Learning Lab
The Lab is an optimal venue for supporting collaboration in challenge-based learning and exploring ways to leverage digital media and emerging tools.
Some great examples include:
- Collaborative Computing to support literacy and challenge based learning across curricula
- Our Digital Classroom - leveraging tools like Edmodo, Schoology, and Wikispaces to make the most of our digital collaborative spaces.
- Producing and publishing media projects in garageband or imovie.
- Creating Google Lit trips or interactive pathways in Google Maps.
- Engaging in Case-based learning and simulations.
- Video Conferencing and virtual field trips.
- Modeling / designing with Sketchup, Scratch, etc.
- Learning to curate digital content collaboratively with tools like scoopit, paper.li, and diigo.
- Exploring digital citizenship, safety, and fair use.
If you have an idea for something you would like to try with your students, I will meet with you during your prep (Centennial teachers), research and test various digital tools and models, collaborate on a lesson scaffolding, etc. If you would like to meet for a personal tutorial (or collaborative exploration) of any tech tool that would be great as well. Just use the Scheduling Tab.